Polar Tracks Expeditions
Expedition Cruise Vessel
About the Ship
Built in 1976 as an oceanographic deep sea research vessel for the Royal Dutch Navy, the M/V Plancius went through a 2 year refurbishment in 2008 which resulted in much more comfortable passenger areas and a significant improvement to amenities making it one of the most well-appointed expedition cruise vessels visiting Antarctica today.
- 116 passengers
- En suite toilet and shower in all cabins
- A full complement of Mark V zodiacs
- 2 gangways on starboard side
- Diesel-electric propulsion system reducing noise and vibrations from engine
- Average speed 10-12 knots
- Total crew of 45 (17 crew, 19 hotel staff, 8 expedition staff and one doctor)
Why We Like Her
Photos of the Ship
We’re a different kind of agency. We work on the ships, with the teams, and are currently active in the polar regions. Our insider advice is truly that – straight from the field – and it’s updated in real time if things change.